At Cherry Creek Dental Spa, we use state-of-the-art technology to ensure all your treatments are efficient, conservative, and high quality.
- Digital x-rays: Compared to traditional film x-rays, digital dental x-rays are quite similar but expose patients to less radiation. The images go straight to a computer where they can be looked at instantly. We can view them on the computer to examine areas more closely and see areas below and inside the tooth that would otherwise not be visible.
- CBCT: CBCT stands for cone-beam computed tomography. CBCT systems used by dental professionals rotate around you for a full 3D image of your teeth; mouth, jaw, and neck; ears, nose, and throat (ENT). In less than a minute, about 150-200 images are captured from a variety of angles to create an image we use to diagnose dental related issues.
Compared to the standard x-rays, a dental CBCT scan is a much more detailed and effective method of capturing information about your dental health. CBCT technology also uses less radiation and requires fewer scans to see the different views and angles of your mouth. Plus, unlike traditional dental x-rays, the cone beam CT scan can show both bones and soft tissues.
- iTero Intraoral Digital Scanner: The iTero scans the mouths of patients, capturing images to create three-dimensional dental images in minutes. The iTero is used in place of impressions – no more impressions or gunk in your mouth!
- DIAGNOdent Laser: The Diagnodent uses advanced laser technology to measure the density of your tooth enamel, allowing for simple cavity detection. This effectively helps to identify tooth decay in the depths of the grooves of your teeth. By catching this decay in its initial stage, we can treat the cavity and preserve the structure of the affected tooth.
- Diode Soft Tissue Laser: Lasers can be used for many dental treatments. They are comfortable for our patients and often do not require the use of anesthetic. Dental lasers also shorten treatment time and healing time and decrease the risk of infection following treatment. Our diode laser may be used to treat periodontal disease by removing bacteria and infected tissue, treat cold sores and canker sores, recontour the gumline, or decrease bleeding during a procedure.
- Cerec / CAD-CAM: Unlike traditional crowns, CEREC one-visit crowns, take just that, one visit to your dentist. Typically, getting a crown can be a few week process with multiple trips to the dental office, but with Cerec one-visit crowns, your time is spent much more efficiently.
- Intraoral Camera: This tool allows us to take a closer look at your teeth and smile. The intraoral camera is a small, pen shaped device that takes high-quality photos of your teeth, gums, and mouth. This camera allows us to better evaluate your oral health and diagnose dental problems, like a cracked tooth. We share these images with our patients to help educate them on what’s going on in their mouth.